the babe, the boy, and me....

...a running commentary on my life in general. Who knows what I will write about on any given day? It could be about the kids (The Boy, age 3 or The Babe, age 5), it could be about my husband, or it could be about (gasp!) me, and what I am thinking/feeling/doing. After all, it is "all about erika". I am not sure how entertaining this might be to anyone who isn't me. You've been warned.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

so, now i don't feel so bad..

Do you know how in the dawn or dusk, when the light streams in just right, you can see the tiny little dust particles floating in the air? I've seen this many times in my house, and while I agree it looks kind of cool, to me it's always been a reminder that I must not be a very good housekeeper. I really don't like to dust, and it doesn't happen too often.

But today, I feel better about it. Here is the conversation:

The Babe: Mommy?
Me: Yes, honey?
The Babe: Sometimes when I am just falling asleep, or just waking up, my room is all sparkly.
Me: It is? Why do you suppose it sparkles?
The Babe: I'm pretty sure it's Tinkerbell.

Isn't that sweet? So, now I don't feel so bad about how dusty my house is.

4 Comments:

Blogger CrunchyCon said...

That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard. Precious!

8:00 AM  
Blogger sb said...

How utterly adorable and cute! Isn't it amazing this stage, where they still believe in magical things like Tinkerbell?

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so sweet, now every time I see dust I'll remember that it's fairy dust.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its not dust ~ its pixiedust!

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home