the babe, the boy, and me....

...a running commentary on my life in general. Who knows what I will write about on any given day? It could be about the kids (The Boy, age 3 or The Babe, age 5), it could be about my husband, or it could be about (gasp!) me, and what I am thinking/feeling/doing. After all, it is "all about erika". I am not sure how entertaining this might be to anyone who isn't me. You've been warned.

Friday, December 15, 2006

special

The Babe has been telling me for a long time that she loves me. Obviously, this is special, and I never tire of hearing it. You see, The Babe has an odd habit of just walking up to me at random at any given time on any given day, stopping me from whatever I am doing just to say "Mommy, I love you". She actually does it so much, that it's become a bit of a joke. Of course I always tell her that I love her too. I never tire of it, because it's all true.

Well, The Boy has picked up on this little ritual recently. If he hears The Babe tell me that she loves me, he has to pipe up: "My love you, too, Mommy! My love you!" Of course, I think this is extra special, because it's sweet that he is just starting to join in.

The Boy still takes an afternoon nap most days, and when he wakes from his nap he often just wants to sit and snuggle. He'll come trooping downstairs, his face all rosy with sleep, holding tight to his babies, and just crawl into my lap wherever I may be sitting. He's been doing this for a while now. Shhhh.... don't tell The Babe, but my favorite times are during the afternoons when she is at school. If The Boy wakes while she is still out, he and I get some special snuggles all to ourselves. That's what happened today.

The Boy came downstairs and crawled into my lap as I watched Law and Order reruns on TNT. He snuggled in really well. He gave me what he calls "a big squeeze" and hugged me tight. I love our snuggle time, and I curled right into it. He stretched out, with his head in my lap, and I stroked his hair. He stopped watching Jerry Orbach long enough to look up at me, touch my face, and ever so quietly he said "Mommy, my love you", and then he smiled, turned is head and watched the rest of the episode quietly snuggling in my lap.

I have no idea how the episode ends. I just sat there thinking about how nothing could be more special than that.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! I just love your posts- I often find I am all teary eyed after reading them!
Hugs,
Missmaryao

11:48 PM  
Blogger AK Alter Ego said...

Ahhhh, what a sweet little boy.

7:13 PM  
Blogger CrunchyCon said...

That IS special.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's so wonderful!

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home