the babe, the boy, and me....

...a running commentary on my life in general. Who knows what I will write about on any given day? It could be about the kids (The Boy, age 3 or The Babe, age 5), it could be about my husband, or it could be about (gasp!) me, and what I am thinking/feeling/doing. After all, it is "all about erika". I am not sure how entertaining this might be to anyone who isn't me. You've been warned.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

let's do the time warp again!

We've just gotten back from a week long vacation in Disney World. I was very apprehensive about this trip for many reasons.

I do not fly well
I have never flown with the kids
Maybe the kids don't fly well
I haven't spent significant time with my family in years
What if we all blew up at each other on day 2
It's hot in Florida in June
I thought the parks would be crowded
I was worried I wouldn't like the food
What if someone got sick while we were away from home?

See? See all those reasons to be worried? Well, phooey on them, because we had a great time. I actually flew really well, the best I have in years. All I can figure is that I was so focused on The Kiddos that I did not leave myself room to worry. The Kiddos flew well, too. They were very excited. The family concern was a non-issue. In fact, I wish I had seen them a bit more. We generally rode the bus to each park together in the mornings, but then we split up. We saw each other at a few prearranged functions, but mostly did not. There was one regrettable altercation, but that was it. Not too shabby. The weather was hot, no getting around that, but it wasn't unbearable (mostly). We drank lots of water and the hotel had a pool, so we managed. The parks were crowded, but it could have been a lot worse. Plus, the fastpass options on the rides means you hardly wait in line for most things these days. It's really nice, especially with small children. The food was fine. It took me a day or two to get over my phobia of different foods, but the food was good and there was plenty of it. No one got sick.

We had a great time. So much so that I am motivated to make a scrapbook, which is really not very much like something I would do... but I feel a need to commemorate the trip, to remember it always.

As we were on the shuttle bus leaving the hotel and going to the airport to fly home, The Babe said to me that she wished we could go home and start the week all over. *sigh* Me too. The one thing I hate about vacations is how they exist in a vacuum. There is so much anticipation and planning, so much fun during, and then you get home and it's like it never existed... everything just falls back into place and it's as though you never left. It's a bit depressing, and is a big part of why I want to make a scrapbook, I want to remember it while it's fresh.

I'm with The Babe on this one... let's have a time warp! We'll start vacation over and have all the fun again! Or at least be able to remember it always....

3 Comments:

Blogger CrunchyCon said...

Sounds wonderful! I agree about the vacuum. It's like once the vacation high is over, you have the let down period. I'll have that in about two weeks.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I'm glad you had a good time! Tell me more about this food phobia of yours.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were a brave flyer for your kids!
So glad you all had a gr8 time...like I knew you would.Wish I could have stowed away in your suitcase!

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home