the babe, the boy, and me....

...a running commentary on my life in general. Who knows what I will write about on any given day? It could be about the kids (The Boy, age 3 or The Babe, age 5), it could be about my husband, or it could be about (gasp!) me, and what I am thinking/feeling/doing. After all, it is "all about erika". I am not sure how entertaining this might be to anyone who isn't me. You've been warned.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

girl time!

Hooray! It's time for another Girl Weekend! This weekend, I will be laying low with the rest of my girfriends at the lake. No kids and no husbands allowed.

Last time, I felt a lot of guilt about going. Part of that was likely because I missed The Babe's homecoming from her first day of school, but most of it was because I didn't want to leave The Kiddos. I felt bad about going. Well.. not so much this time.

A lot has changed since last time. First of all, I have left them a few times this year, and maybe I am just getting used to it. Secondly, now that my husband has a day job, I am solely in charge of The Kiddos for pretty much always. I need a break. I know we just had vacay in Disney, and that was terriffic, but it was not a relaxing kind of trip. There was no break. It was the anti-break, the absolute opposite of "break".

Now, what happens on the lake, stays on the lake, LOL, so don't expect a full recap when I get back... but here are the kinds of things I expect to be doing: eating yummy food that is not necessarily good for me, perhaps drinking some kind of alcoholic beverage (in moderation, dammit, my tolerance is so weak!), playing cards, gossip, beach time, boating, more eating, more drinking, more cards, more gossip, maybe a walk around the lake, oh, and perhaps we'll sleep.

I am dropping The Kiddos off at their Gramma and Grampa J's house on my way to the lake. Do you know how excited The Kiddos are? The Babe and The Boy have asked me several times, just to be sure, that I am just dropping them off - - I am not staying. They giggle with pure glee at the thought of a weekend without Mommy... Perhaps we all need a break, eh?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds so wonderful. I'm excited for you and glad you are ALL feeling good about it this time!

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, that sounds so nice! I hope you have a fab time! "What happens on the lake, stays on the lake" lmao.

9:31 AM  
Blogger HipMamaB said...

Enjoy every minute!

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you will have a relaxing time w/the girls....but you will all talk endlessly about your kiddos!!
This wkend Gramma J's & next week its my turn!
No guilt - you deserve both breaks & the grandparents get to have your gr8 little ones all to ourselves!
Its a win win situation for all~xxoo

9:34 AM  
Blogger AK Alter Ego said...

Enjoy yourself, what a well deserved break!!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Have a great time!!!

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home