the babe, the boy, and me....

...a running commentary on my life in general. Who knows what I will write about on any given day? It could be about the kids (The Boy, age 3 or The Babe, age 5), it could be about my husband, or it could be about (gasp!) me, and what I am thinking/feeling/doing. After all, it is "all about erika". I am not sure how entertaining this might be to anyone who isn't me. You've been warned.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

"but what about daddy?"

My husband bought me this for Christmas. I had hinted at it, way back in the spring or summer, and he did a good job remembering and getting the right thing. I am very happy with it, it's perfect, I would not change a thing (except the length of the chain... must go see jeweler soon).

The Babe, on the other hand, is quite concerned about this new necklace of mine. She noticed it right away, as it has been a long time since I have worn jewelry. She asked about it. She likes the stones, and is tickled pink that the stone that represents her is blue, as blue is her favorite color (that's a lucky coincidence). However, she thinks it's just terrible that there is a stone for me, a stone for her, and a stone for The Boy, but no stone for daddy.

I tried to explain to her... it's a mother's necklace. It's for me and my children, it's special. Daddy played a part, he made sure the people who make the necklace put the right stones in, and he made sure mommy was surprised on Christmas. Still, no good. "But what about Daddy? He doesn't get a stone?" I explained it again and she's still not having it.

"I'll tell you what, mommy, I'll share my stone with Daddy. We can both be blue. That way, we're all on there".

2 Comments:

Blogger CrunchyCon said...

She is just too sweet!

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's precious!

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home