the babe, the boy, and me....

...a running commentary on my life in general. Who knows what I will write about on any given day? It could be about the kids (The Boy, age 3 or The Babe, age 5), it could be about my husband, or it could be about (gasp!) me, and what I am thinking/feeling/doing. After all, it is "all about erika". I am not sure how entertaining this might be to anyone who isn't me. You've been warned.

Friday, January 05, 2007

"my a big boy now"

That's what The Boy said to me today. Here's the scenario:

The Boy is pretty well potty trained. He wears underwear all day, every day, except for his nap time and while he sleeps at night. We are virtually accident free. We leave the house, go on long car rides, we are not limited at all. He tells us when he needs to go, and we take care of it. The one thing holding us back is poop. The Boy refuses to poop in the potty. I figure he's young yet, no need to make an issue of it and cause him undue stress over poop. So, usually, he times his poop to be first thing in the morning while he still has a diaper on, or he takes care of it during his nap. If, for some reason, he needs to poop at another time during the day, he will simply ask for a diaper, and we comply with this request. He's still way ahead of where The Babe was at this same age, so I figure it's OK.

Today The Boy tells me that his bottom hurts. Well... here's how it went:

The Boy: Mommy, my bottom hurts.
Me: Why does your bottom hurt?
The Boy: My need to poop.
Me: OK, go get a diaper, I'll help you out.
The Boy: No, my need to poop on the potty! My a big boy now!
Me: (hurriedly) OK then! Let's go!

So, we went into the bathroom and he sat right down on the potty, no arguement, no fuss. Sadly, he was not successful, and as it is currently very close to nap time, I think he may end up pooping as per the normal routine. But what a big step he made! I'm so proud of him!!! 6 years ago I never would have even contemplated sharing a poop story with my friends, but you all understand.

3 Comments:

Blogger CrunchyCon said...

One step closer...


I can say that I am jealous, as we are no where near this stage. Must keep reminding myself that she will not wear diapers to college.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Thats great! Yay!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so. jealous.

So far this week I've cleaned poop out of 5 different pairs of Car's branded target underwears.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home